Medical abortion commonly known as Abortion Pill or RU486
Medical Abortion (non-surgical)
Considered to be a gentle abortion that is streamlined for your convenience.
- 1st trimester abortion service is often completed within a single 2-hour visit
- Abortion services are made available as early as a positive pregnancy test
- We will verify your insurance coverage prior to the appointment (provide insurance info online or over the phone)
- Before you leave — you’ll be able to pick-up any necessary medications at our on-site pharmacy
- At the time of your appointment we will discuss the Simplified 4-Step Abortion Regimen
- 1-day procedure — even up to 20 weeks
- Oral medications, instead of vaginal inserts, for the added comfort, safety and convenience of today’s women
About the Abortion Pill (RU486)
The Abortion Pill (Mifeprex) has been FDA approved since the year 2000.
The abortion pill is the private choice. It allows women to terminate a pregnancy on their own terms—in the privacy of their own homes. The drug-induced miscarriage mimics a natural miscarriage.
Who Can Use the Abortion Pill?
The pill is an option for women within the first 9 weeks of pregnancy. The length of the pregnancy is confirmed by a sonogram in the doctor’s office.
The fee for the abortion pill is $450 for self pay patients or most insurance plans cover the cost of the abortion pill. Two office visits, two sonograms and around-the-clock staff availability are included.”
Is the Abortion Pill Effective?
Clinical studies have found the RU486 abortion pill 98% effective. If it fails, women undergo the traditional abortion procedure at no additional cost. The most common side effects are bleeding and cramping.
The Abortion Pill or Traditional Abortion?
We have staff available 24/7 to address your personal issues in finding the option that is best for you.